Fall is upon us people and as it slowly comes along, we welcome falling leaves and Pumpkin spice lattes while saying goodbye to poolside afternoons and some of my fave summer outfits. This week’s blog is going to be different; I’m going to share with you my top ten favorite 2015 summer trends! Please keep in mind: I live in Oklahoma and by no means are these clothes in Vogue or on a runway, so keep an open mind and enjoy!
My Top Ten Favorite 2K15 Summer Trends:
10. Holey Jeans: I wear my holey jeans on a regular basis, thanks to my mom and her rad skills of cutting up clothes. I know some of you will highly disapprove of holes at the knees but it really creates a unique look that we millennials enjoy! These babies come in all colors, but my fave are my simple black skinnies. They go with everything and if you look, you’ll see them everywhere.
9. High Ponytails: Now obviously this one, I’ve been rocking my whole life. You can never go wrong when pulling your hair up, but this summer it seemed the higher and longer the better! You can work a ponytail with any outfit and this summer, high ponytails were definitely needed due to the hot and humid Oklahoma air.
8. Bright Lips: I live, breath and sleep lipstick! I always encourage a little color on the lips whether it spices up your no make-up look or adds more sass to your night-out outfit. This is my Fourth of July lipstick and I love it! I tend to like purple tinted lipstick but for Red, White and Blue day, I stuck with the red!
7. Chic Sneaks: I’ve been wearing Converse for quite some time and have always had a pair of sneakers lying around. This summer, some smart person somewhere set off the trend of looking professional with a pair of good tennies. I love this look and I think it’s brilliant! Can be super laid back but sophisticated at the same time. The favorites that I have seen the most is Nike, Converse and New Balance.
6. Baggy Shirts: The bigger the better, was the motto of the Hipsters this summer! I have quite a few big shirts with pockets on the side in just about every color! This trend is popular especially with the Hipsters and Sorority girls! Big shirts are great for lake days, couch days and school days.
5. Stripes: I am obsessed with stripes (black and white especially). If you showed up with a present for me and it has stripes on it, I will probably love you forever. I really don’t think you can ever have too many, it just isn’t possible in Kerrigan Utopia. #StripesForDays
4. T-shirt Dresses: I have four of these, and I think why they’re so big right now is because they are comfy! You can throw one on, brush your hair and be ready for your day in ten minutes (except that’s me everyday). These t-shirt dresses are super cute, comfortable and seem to go with any pair of shoes you want. Here is one of mine, and of course, it’s black and white striped too.
3. Half top knot: Now, with this look, although I liked it very much, I haven’t quite mastered it. I believe you have to have just the right amount of “I just rolled out of bed look” and some natural curls to master the executable half top knot. Please excuse me eating the taco; it was, however my birthday, and it was delicious! I’ve worn this look only two times but it will definitely be a look that you’ll see in the fall as well.
2. Birkenstock’s: Every college girls favorite pair of shoes. I have two pair and they are on my feet almost every day. These shoes are the most comfortable things ever. And much like your shabby sneakers, Birks can be placed with a super cute dress or laid back with a tee and a pair of shorts. Either way, they are my favorite shoes and my Birkenstock tan line is there to prove it.
1. Selfie: My favorite summer trend! Whoever came up with Selfies is a popular person right now, considering the entire world is doing it! The person who I think is the best at it would be my thirteen year old sister and of course I come in a close second. Everyone and their dog (literally) are taking selfies and posting them everywhere and I think it’s kind of cool, here is one of my friend and me at church.
Alright, so those area few of my favorite trends of the summer and obviously there are way more than just ten! Props to Skyler (in last picture) and Pinterest for providing me with good visuals! I hope you all love at least one of these trends and I hope you all definitely experienced a good summer! Thanks for letting me share these with you and I bet after reading these, you’ll notice them more (& may even try a few of them) too.
Happy Fall Y’all!